Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Racism Rears It's Ugly Head

Thoughts: I saw a bumper sticker on a pickup truck in Carrollton, TX today. I was so disturbed by it that I have decided to blog about it and go back to the study of Acts later. The bumper sticker read: "DON'T RE-NIG IN 2010" I am so offended by this that I don't even know where to begin commenting about it! I understand that there are alot of people in this nation that don't like our president. I understand that there are many who will put bumper stickers on their vehicle encouraging others not to vote for Obama for president in 2012. But the racist nature of this bumper sticker makes me sick to my stomach. It makes my eyes fill with tears to think that there are some people who are so angry with him that they are willing to put a shortened version of the infamous "N word" on a bumper sticker on their car. Is this person really ready to insult 12% of the population in this country? Every time that I think we are beginning to beat back racism in this country, I run across something like this! Every single person in the world is a child of God and should be treated as such. This is true no matter their race, gender, skin color, ethnic background, sexual preference, height, weight, or any other distinguishing characteristic. Personally, I am going to do whatever I can to educate people I come in contact with about the evils of racism and what our creator God is calling us to do about it. I hope that you will join me in this task. Apparently there is alot of work to still be done.

Prayer: Creator God, you created each of us in your image. Help us to work toward the elimination of racism in our country and in your creation. Amen.

No comments: