Thursday, December 29, 2011

Acts 3:17-26 - A Time of Refreshing

Scripture: Acts 3:17-26

Summary: This section continues Peter's description of Jesus. He said that God fulfilled what had been fortold through all the prophets. Repent and turn to God so that your sins could be wiped out, that he may send the Messiah, Jesus. You are descendents of the prophets and the covenant that God gave to your ancestors.

Thoughts: This scripture says "Repent therefore, and turn to God so that your sins may be wiped out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord..." In this time, between Christmas and New Years, the thought of a time of refreshing is very appealing to me. Right now I long for the time of refreshing that may come from God's presence in my life. The scripture says that I have only to repent and turn toward God. So with Christmas behind me and the coming of the saviour so fresh in my mind, I turn toward the New Year and the uncertainty that it brings. And I pray that God's presence will bring me a time of refreshing, allowing me to face the New Year with hope and the promise that God will provide. Because God promises to be with us throughout each hour, each day, each year. God will indeed provide.

Prayer: God, pour upon me a time of refreshing. A time to wipe my sins away and begin again with the new year. For You make all things new, even me! Amen.

No comments: