Monday, April 28, 2008

John 21:18-19 - Taken where you do not want to go

Scripture: John 21:18-19

Summary: Jesus tells Peter, when you were younger you went wherever you wished. But when you grow old, someone else will take you where you don't want to go. Then he told him, "follow me."

Thoughts: I have days I don't really want to follow Jesus. Days that I'm much too busy doing the things that I need to do. There's no time to take for the person who is hurting and needs to talk after church. There's no time to read the Bible, no time to pray. This is probably the area that I am the worst at. You can see this by the frequency of this blog. This semester has been the busiest semester I have had in years. And my Bible study has suffered because of it. If only I could remember that the day flows better when I have taken time to read God's word, to pray, and to listen for God. Because I want to be willing to go where I don't want to go. Somedays I do follow Jesus and go where I don't want. I took a job that I didn't have time to take. And I have never regretted it. I see God in the eyes of those youth every time I am with them. And I am better for it. I want to make those kind of decisions more often. The blindly following Jesus kind. I want to follow, even to those places I don't want to go.

Prayer: Help me to follow you, oh Lord. To take time to read your word and meditate on it. To take time to pray and to listen for your answer. To be willing to take that path that seems so hard. I am so weak God. Give me strength to follow you, as a lamb follows the shepherd. Amen.

No comments: