Tuesday, October 26, 2010

James 3:5a-12 - controlling the tongue

Scripture: James 3:5a-12

Summary: More about the tongue, how it can both bless the Lord and curse other people.

Thoughts: Why is the tongue so difficult for human beings to control? It is so easy to thoughtlessly blurt out something hurtful, almost as if the tongue had a mind of its own.  And yet with the tongue we also praise God, our creator and redeemer. What a mixed blessing it is! I believe that I'm going to try to go the entire day tomorrow without saying anything negative or hurtful. Perhaps if I keep practicing controlling my tongue it will begin to be more of a blessing to me and those around me, than a curse.

Prayer: Let my words be refreshing to all that I meet so that others may hear your words through mine, O Lord. Amen.

No comments: