Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Mark 6:30-44 - Compassion for the World

Scripture: Mark 6:30-44

Summary: This is the story of Jesus feeding the 5000 people with 5 loaves and 2 fish.

Thoughts: Jesus always had compassion for the needy around him. As his followers, we need to do the same. Who are the needy around me? What about the homeless people that are showing up in Plano (a suburb of Dallas)? What about the guy at the gas station who asks for $5 for gas to get home? What about the neighbor whose lawn mower broke? There are people that I see every day that could use a helping hand or a kind word from me. What is stopping me from offering that hand or that word?

Prayer: God, give me the eyes and ears to notice those around me who need my help. Give me the compassion to act quickly to meet these needs with love.

No comments: