Thursday, September 20, 2007

Matthew 6:16-18 - Making rooom for God

Scripture: Matthew 6:16-18

Summary: When you fast, don't look dismal so everyone will know you are fasting. Instead take care of yourself so that you won't be noticed by others but by God.

Thought: When I think about fasting it always makes me squirm. Fasting is very hard for me. I really like to eat and when I go a day without eating my body really complains. But fasting makes room in our lives for God. It is so difficult to make room for God today. But if we are not purposeful about this, we won't ever make the time. And so I ask you, what do you feel called to give up in order to find room for God in your life?

Prayer: God I want you in my life. So I need to make room for you. I am so busy that sometimes I go entire days without spending time with you. But those are the days that I need you most. Help me give up something to make room for You. Amen.

No comments: