Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Isiah 51:1-8 - What are you looking for?

Scripture: Isiah 51:1-8

Summary: There's alot here in this text (you really should read it!). It's about seeking the righteousness of God. "Look to the rock from which you were hewn, and to the quarry from which you were dug. Look to Abraham..."

Thoughts: The Bible is full of stories of how God has been at work in this world. Abraham is a great example. He trusted God and God blessed him with many descendents. Why should we not expect that God will likewise bless us? The scripture says "a teaching will go out from me, and my justice for a light to the peoples." Perhaps God is calling us to help with this. Calling us to help teach the good news. Calling us to spread the justice of God in our world. So the good news in this text is that God will deliver us. Perhaps our response should be to spread this good news to those around us. What do you think?

Prayer: In this text in Isaiah it says "but my deliverance will be forever, and my salvation to all generations." Be my salvation, Lord. And make my search for you fruitful. Amen.

No comments: