Friday, October 5, 2007

Mark 6:45-52 - When Nothing Goes Our Way

Scripture: Mark 6:45-52

Summary: This is the Mark version of Jesus walking on water. The disciples take the boat without Jesus to cross the sea. Evening comes and Jesus can see that they are straining against the wind so he walks toward them early in the morning. They were afraid when they saw him but he spoke to them and climbed into the boat and the wind ceased.

Thoughts: There are days when I wish Jesus would come and rescue me from the wind. Days when I only get a few hours sleep, for several days in a row, and it seems that the demands on me don't let up until late at night. When I grow exhausted from fighting against the wind, I wish for Jesus to still it so that I can rest. But isn't this what God does for us when we take the time to be in prayer? Doesn't God give us comfort and rest when we take the time to be with God?

Prayer: Help me to remember that if I take the time to be with you each day, it will be better. Not that the demands on me will cease, but that you will give me strength and perseverance to finish what I have to do. Thank you for being there for me at all times. Amen.

No comments: