Monday, November 26, 2007

Zechariah 14:1-11 - When all is said and done

Scripture: Zechariah 14:1-11

Summary: A day is coming when the Lord will be king of all the earth.

Thoughts: This is a difficult scripture. (trust me the summary doesn't begin to cover all the complications in it!) But the important thing I saw is that God IS going to reign over the entire earth. We just don't know when. Am I living my life as if God's reign was just around the corner? Am I doing all that I can to move toward the reign of God, here, on earth? Some days, I feel like I am making a difference. But other times, at the end of the day, I can't really state anything that I did to change the way things are. Is that OK? Well, I don't think it should be. I think I need to be living every day as if tomorrow was the day God's reign would be fulfilled!

Prayer: Remind me constantly God, that each of us need to be doing everything that we can. Especially me! I long for your reign to be realized. Help me to continue to move in that direction, every day. Amen.

No comments: