Friday, November 30, 2007

2 Thessalonians 1:5-12 - When all is said and done

Scripture: 2 Thessalonians 1:5-12

Summary: Paul is saying that God will afflict those who afflicted you and will give relief to us when Jesus is revealed. He prays that God will make us worthy of the call of God.

Thoughts: I should be praying constantly that God will make me worthy of the call of God! Yes, I believe that I am unworthy. But I also believe that God can work with anything. Even my life, as imperfect as it is, can be used to make miracles happen to those around me. Paul also prays that "God will filfill by his power every good resolve and work of faith." God can take what we have to give the world, which is not nearly enough, and God can make it more than enough. With God backing us, all things are possible!

Prayer: It is not through my own power that I am able to achieve anything, but through the one who strengthens me. Thanks be to God! Amen.

Note: Just in case there is anyone actually reading these things, I am thinking about working my way through the Psalms next. The church year just ended and I am feeling called to the Psalms. Please let me know what you think... is anyone out there?...

No comments: