Tuesday, September 21, 2010

James 1:1-2 - God is with us

Scripture: James 1:1-2

Summary: Face your trials with joy because that produces endurance, making you mature and compete.

Thoughts: I'm pretty sure some days that I must be really mature and complete! Some days seem full of trials and I long for just one day without any problems. But then I take a step back and look at the big picture. First, I remember that that are many others whose situation is much worse than mine. It's easy to find someone with more to worry about than me. Second, and most importantly, I try to remember that God never promised us that life would be easy. We don't get an Easy button from God when we decide to follow Jesus Christ. Instead we get a constant companion, the Holy Spirit, who helps us through those troubling times. What a gift we have been given in the companionship of the Spirit! Praise God!

Prayer: Thank you Lord for sending the Spirit to abide with us and give us guidance along your path. Help me to remember to use that help! Amen.

No comments: