Thursday, August 16, 2007

Acts 10:34-43 - Who is this who forgives sinners?

Scripture: Acts 10:34-43

Summary: Peter is speaking about Jesus and says that everyone who believes in Jesus, their sins are forgiven.

Thoughts: The scripture says that God shows no partiality, that anyone who fears God and does right is acceptable to God. Why is this so hard for us to believe? My whole life their has been a group of people that I have been encouraged to consider as less than me. I grew up in Mississippi where African Americans were often treated badly. Then during the cold war we were led to believe that all Russians were bad. Now in Texas, I hear that the illegal aliens are taking all of our jobs. And homosexuals are not allowed to legally marry in most states. So when the Bible says that God shows no partiality, do we really believe that? Or do we convince ourselves that this doesn't apply to "those people," whoever they might be?

Prayer: Forgiving God, help me to learn to be unpartial, to accept all those around me, no matter how different they appear from me. For we are all created in the image of God and it's time we began acting like it! Amen.

No comments: