Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Psalm 103:1-14 - Who is this who forgives sins?

Scripture: Psalm 103:1-14

Summary: God forgives, heals, and redeems us

Thoughts: The word steadfast is used twice in this scripture to describe God. This word brings images of large rocks, even mountains, which are unmovable and will always be there, in that same place. God is steadfast. God is always there. God is present for us no matter where we are, no matter what we have done, no matter how we try to ignore God. The scripture says that God's love is as great as far as the east is from the west. God's love is so great I can't even begin to imagine it! Like that mountain, God is steadfast, I can lean on God. And this scripture says that God has compassion for me and for you and works for justice for all who are oppressed. How great is our God!

Prayer: Steadfast Lord, my human words are inadequate to describe you. And yet you are there for me no matter my sins. Praise God! Amen.

No comments: