Monday, August 6, 2007

Luke 11:1-13 - Prayer

Scripture: Luke 11:1-13 (please take the time to find your Bible and read this scripture or read it on-line at: http://bible.oremus.org/)

Summary: Jesus is teaching his disciples how to pray and goes on to say that God will give good gifts to those of us who ask!

What would my life be like if I prayed every day? Not just every day, but all throughout th day? I remember to pray when I am in need. That's when it is easy. But I'm not so good at dropping in those quick breath prayers when I need centering or at thanking God for the wonderful things God gives me each day. What I hear in this scripture today is this: The more we talk to God and listen to God (which is really what I think prayer is) the closer we will be to God. It works the same way with a friend. I am closest to those friends that I talk with every day, or almost every day. If we only chose to talk/listen to God when we are in crisis, God will still be there for us, but our connection will not be as clear as it would be if we connected on a regular basis! So if I keep the path to God well travelled, it will be alot easier to find God in those times of crisis in my life.

Prayer: God, help me to find ways to remember to pray throughout the day. Amen.

No comments: