Thursday, August 9, 2007

John 17:1-11 - Prayer

Scripture: John 17:1-11

Summary: Jesus is praying to God and asking God to protect the people, since he will not be with them much longer.

Jesus says "Now that I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, ... protect them in your name that you have given me, so that they may be one, as we are one." I think this is what we are all about, as human beings. God wants us to live as one in community, just as God lives in the community of the Trinity. We are made in the image of God and we are called to live as God shows us in the ultimate community of the Trinity. What better example of community can we have than the Trinity where God works together and plays together in love!

Prayer: God, help me to emulate your community of the Trinity in my relationships, with other people and with the other creatures of your world. Amen.

No comments: