Friday, August 17, 2007

Isaiah 1:18-20 - Who is this who forgives sinners?

Scripture: Isaiah 1:18-20

Summary: God promises that although your sins are scarlet, they shall be like snow, if you are wiling and obedient, but if you refuse and rebel, you will be devoured by the sword.

Thoughts: Wow! Who among us is willing and obedient?!?! Certainly not me! I tend to fit into the rebellious category rather than the obedient category. I may be in line to be devoured by the sword (not a pleasant prospect!). But... I know that God is a gracious God, so if I'm trying to be obedient I believe that God will grant me mercy. For I know that I don't deserve any of the wonderful things God has given me, and continues to give me. But God continues to give wonderful things to me anyway.

Prayer: Merciful God, help me be willing and obedient and follow in your ways. Both of us know that I am not perfect, but I have faith that you take broken people and make them whole. Thanks be to God! Amen.

No comments: